Top 12 Tips for New Article Marketers
For a newbie, it’s overwhelming to enter the world of SEO, page rankings, web traffic etc. All the competition, all the work! Relax!
You don’t need to worry about all that just now though. You don’t have to spend all your time writing articles, instead take a step-by-step progressive approach. Article marketing is not that difficult to master in and if many others have done it before, you can do it too. Here are a few tips that are important for every newcomer in this field:
- First off, be consistent. It’s better to produce eight high quality articles per month, consistently, rather than write eight low quality articles per day, and discontinue later as you grow tired. Consistency can ensure your website keeps running. However, make sure you post high quality content.
- Be patient. It will take a few months before you see the results of your hard labor. Nobody has it easy in the beginning; everybody struggles and then eventually meets success. Work hard, believe in yourself, remain patient and most important of all, keep moving forward.
- Stick to a word count. This could simplify your articles and reduce your work load at the same time. Focus on impressing the readers enough to keep them coming back for more. Tell them how you are different from others and what advantages a reader can have. In other words, give them a reason to go through your website.
- Include testimonials from other readers on your website. These comments can entice readers into joining your site.
- Set a writing schedule to manage your work. Remember, you would be working to reach a certain target each month. Allot particular days for writing articles and try to finish your work within the specified time.
- Use impressive titles. If they are not catchy, the reader will probably skip the article entirely. Do not make them too long or too precise. They should be long enough to summarize the article, but short enough to make an impression.
- Make a list of all the topics you want to write about. As soon as you would finish one article, you would already know what you have to start next. This keeps you working at a steady pace.
- Work in collaboration with your blog; whatever you post on your blog, can be reworked as an article. This will save time and increase the number of articles simultaneously.
- You can prepare a rough draft before writing the article. Prepare the body and then work on the introduction and the ending in your final draft.
- Finalize your articles with a good conclusion or summary.
- Avoid selling something in your articles. Do not promote your business or website in them; rather give your readers something knowledgeable to read.
- Make sure you use good grammar and avoid spelling errors. Many readers are put off by such errors as they make your work seem unprofessional.
This entry was posted on Monday, January 16th, 2012 at 1:19 pm and is filed under SEO. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. Both comments and pings are currently closed.