Link Building through Squidoo and Hubpages
About Suidoo and Hubpages:
Squidoo is a social website that lets its users make lenses (pages) for topics and themes of their interest, whereas, Hubpages is user made material that generates revenue.
How can Squidoo lens and Hubpages help you get higher rankings?
Compete.com reported a traffic level increase of approximately twenty seven percent last year. This makes this website a great FREE source of traffic to take advantage of. You should know how to use Squidoo and following 10 tips will help you in not only knowing it but also in getting your lens to the top of Squidoo and Google.
- Try using your keywords in the URL. If your keywords are already taken (like domain names), then look for synonyms or more words for the perfectly targeted words.
- Be specific. A new concept and something very specific can help you attract many readers.
- Try using synonyms as much as you can. However, use them sparingly.
- Use graphics and videos. By using them you will not only be inviting more people but you will also be giving search engines a chance to keep you on a priority.
- Try adding more content to your lens on regular basis (such as weekly, or monthly). This will help you with higher Squidoo rankings and your page will eventually be crawled more.
- Support and appreciate people commenting and rating your lens.
- Link similar lenses together.
- Use social media to endorse your lens.
- Write about controversial or notorious topics people are interested in.
- Try obtaining some good back-links.
Writing for Hubpages is a better option than starting your own blog because Hubpages will pull more visitors to your article as your article becomes a page of Hubpages. Following 10 tips will help you attract more visitors:
- Make a habit to write unique articles.
- Use keywords that pay you more in your Hubs.
- Do NOT write about banned keywords.
- Get followers by participating in other Hubs.
- Use optimized titles.
- Make sure to have your first paragraph long.
- Avoid borders.
- Make larger Hubpage capsules.
- Keep improving your Hubpage score.
- Use images.
Why are Squidoo and Hubpages used by webmasters for link building?
For the last five years, Squidoo and HubPages have been the most widely used sites to get backlinks. Webmasters and business vendors have understood that they can obtain plenty of advertising for their websites for free in this way. They are able to do so by making keyword and content rich articles. Besides everything, establishing accounts on Hubpages and Squidoo is free and very easy to achieve.
Squidoo vs Hubpages:
- You are a lens-master
- It doesn’t allow adult content
- It has modules
- You are an author
- It allows adult content but in a specific category
- It has capsules
This entry was posted on Thursday, June 7th, 2012 at 10:30 am and is filed under SEO. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. Both comments and pings are currently closed.