Top 10 White Hat SEO Strategies
In SEO (Search engine optimization) terminology, the term White Hat SEO is used to refer to a number of SEO techniques, strategies and tactics which are completely fair and ethical. In more precise terms, White Hat SEO strategies focus on providing users of a website with a positive experience through helpful and relevant information rather than only focusing on attaining higher rankings in search engine results. The top most common and effective White Hat strategies are:
- Quality over quantity: The most familiar term amongst SEO users is that ‘Content is King’. This means that the type of content you use or in other words, the ‘quality’ of your content, is what matters the most. Well written, relevant and unique content will always draw users to your webpage. Make sure you opt for best content writing service.
- Use relevant keywords: Incorporating relevant and popular keywords within your content will make your website more visible, in terms of search engine results. You can use analytics tools to know relative search volumes etc. for particular keywords that you think are relevant to your website.
- Accelerate the loading time for your website: While filtering results, search engines like Google also factor in the loading time of websites. Websites that load faster can rank higher over those that don’t. You can decrease your website’s loading time by removing unnecessary plugins, choosing a good web hosting company etc.
- Clear and explanatory URLs: While filtering search results, along with other factors, search engines like Google focus on URLs as well. Thus, your website’s URL should be both clear, descriptive and should illustrate what it has to offer. This will not only increase your website’s visibility but also let users know what you’re offering them. For example, if your website is selling antique wedding hats, your URL should be something like: http://www.yoururl.com/vintage-wedding-hats rather than http://www.yoururl.com/products892336
- Quality inbound links: Having relevant inbound links within different pages of your website (not only on your homepage) can direct users towards helpful pages and can be a factor in increasing your search engine rankings.
- Separate the content from design: Structuring your content semantically, makes it much clearer and organized. Using heading elements and separating design elements make for a much leaner code for your website. This simply makes it much easier for search engines to find appropriate content within your website and thus direct users, towards it.
- Building backlinks: Backlinks are hyperlinks that link back to your website from another webpage or website. Building quality backlinks is a manual task that can be done by using online forums etc. Search engines such as Google consider websites with more backlinks to be more relevant and important than the ones with no backlinks.
- Heading tags: Always remember to incorporate most of your main keywords or key terms in the heading tags of your page. This will help in increasing your search engine rankings.
- Using the Google plus’s +1: The +1 button on Google+ is short for “you should check this out.” If you use Google+ and get people to +1 your content, then you are bound to get more organic traffic for your website.
- Update your content regularly: It is important to evolve and update your content, regularly, in order to keep it interesting and relevant. Content which is out of date or hasn’t been updated for too long gets boring and stagnant. Fresh content will not only improve search engine rankings, but will also bring regular visitors back to your page.
The two pronged approach employed by White Hat SEO techniques (providing page optimization along with user friendly navigation and information) make them very useful for attaining sustainable and effective results.
This entry was posted on Friday, August 3rd, 2012 at 11:27 am and is filed under SEO. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. Both comments and pings are currently closed.